Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Broadband

After 6 months of attempting to connect to Telstra Broadband...finally...

Telstra technician: "You have Broadband now."
Boyfriend: "I want to marry you." Stares dementedly at technician...Is seriously thinking of posing for a photo with technician.
Telstra technician: "Um, I think I can do this alone. You don't have to watch..."

The next morning...
Boyfriend: Dashes off to buy modem...is late for work once again...

Later that night...
Boyfriend: Attempts to set up interntet...swears...calls Telstra...gets nowhere. After two more phone calls, decides to check the connections at home. Finds a few wires out of place. Has "I can fix this' look on his face.
I: Sees Boyfriend's "I can fix this" face. Has some serious misgivings. Keeps mouth shut (for once!)
Boyfriend: "Do you know where my leatherman is?"
I: "Where you left it last."
Boyfriend: After ten minutes of banging around, finds leatherman. Sets to work.
I: Is trying hard not to say..."Shouldn't you wait for a technician?"...has learnt her lesson in the past...

An hour later...

Boyfriend: "You want the good news or the bad new first?"
I: Groans. Does mental head slap.
Boyfriend: "The bad news is the phone no longer works."
I: Sighs. "And the good news is?"
Boyfriend: "We still have wireless."

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see the "Adventures" back. I have missed the repartee.

    ReplyDelete